Ben and Emily | Rocky Mountains Colorado Couples Session
On our trip to Minnesota my husband and I made a stop for the day in Colorado to photograph Ben and Emily’s beautiful sunrise Rocky Mountains Colorado Couples Session at the Clinton Gulch Dam Reservoir just outside of Copper Mountain, CO!
I had reached out to Emily, from Keeping Composure Photography, prior to our trip to see if she’d be down to photograph each other since we’d be in Colorado on our 7 year anniversary, and of course her and Ben were totally down!!!
So at 6:30 AM all of us (puppies included) met up at the Clinton Gulch Dam Reservoir to start our 45 minute hike to the backend of the Reservoir!
The valley at the back of the Reservoir was simply breathtaking with the beautiful golden light sweeping the valley at the base of the Rocky Mountains and with the Colorado Spruce tree’s surrounding us!!! It was the perfect location for their gorgeous Rocky Mountains Colorado Couples Session!!!
A Little Bit About Ben and Emily:
Ben and Emily met while they were both working in Copper Mountain, CO. Ben was working at a local coffee shop when Emily came in one day to grab a latte. After that day, Emily made up a lot of excuses to go get latte’s at the coffee shop that Ben was working at just so she could see him!
After the day they met they started to go snowboarding (Ben) and skiing (Emily) together! Both of them felt an instant comfort and excitement that they’d never experienced before when they spent time together.
While Emily was traveling back home after Christmas with her family, she was sitting on the shuttle and all she could think about was calling Ben! That’s the moment she knew that Ben was someone special and she couldn’t WAIT to see him again once she got home!
At midnight on New Years Eve they shared their very first kiss together!!!
They’ve been together now for over a year and a half and they’re both BEYOND excited to see what their future holds together!!!
Some Of Their Favorite Things To Do Together:
- They both love spending time with their two adorable fur babies! Their 11 month old rescue puppy, Pepper, who has more energy than she knows what to do with and the sweetest face. And their cat, Shai (pronounced “Shay”), who is full of attitude and endlessly entertaining them!
- Skiing + snowboarding together.
- Exploring Colorado on day trips or weekend getaways.
- Traveling to new countries together.
- Trying new things.
- Watching Harry Potter marathons.
- Enjoying slow mornings together with coffee!
Interested in finding out more info for booking your own session or wedding?
Find out more information about the investment.
Get instant access to the KIP Resource Library!
You'll get access to ALL of these amazing freebies to help you make your wedding day perfect!
- Printable wedding planning timelines to help you stay on track while planning your wedding.
- My own personal KIP wedding day shot list.
- Tips on how to plan for your engagement session for the best photos!
- Questions that you need to ask wedding photographers to see if they're the right fit for you.
- Sample wedding day timelines for the best photos on your wedding day!
- How to plan a destination elopement!
- And so so so much more! New content is always being added just for YOU!