6 Tips to Prepare for the Marine Corps Ball!
The Marine Corps Ball season is upon us and I can honestly say it’s one of my favorite times of year to be a Marine wife! I mean, who doesn’t love getting dressed up in a STUNNING ball gown and standing proudly next to your husband while he’s in his Dress Blues! The love and pride for your spouse and for your country sours high!
As a photographer and Marine wife myself, I’ve put together a list of “6 tips to help you prepare for your Marine Corps Ball” this year so you’re photo ready, looking your best, and are ready to have an awesome night!
6 Tips to Prepare for the Marine Corps Ball
- Find a dress that compliments your husbands dress blues!
- The most common colors that compliments dress blues are: red, blue, black, silver, or gold.
- Look for an evening gown or a ball gown, not a shorter length dress or one that is super revealing.
- Remember this isn’t the prom, this is the Marine Corps Ball, so the focus isn’t on who has the sexiest dress. Keep it respectable. How you dress and act will reflect on your husband as well.
- Get your dress ALTERED so it FITS you 100%!
- You want to make sure you don’t have to worry about spending the entire night pulling your dress up or tripping over the bottom of your dress!
- Find heels or shoes that are COMFORTABLE, not just fashionable!
- Trust me girl! I’ve been there! Pretty AND comfy shoes or heels go a long ways!
- You don’t want to spend half the night for your Marine Corps Ball thinking about how badly your feet are aching because you chose to wear 5 inch heels. By all means wear those beautiful heels, but make sure they’re comfortable on your feet for 4-5 hours or you have a spare pair of shoes to switch to halfway through the night.
- Look into adding gel inserts into your heels too! These babies go a long way! You can find them at Target in the shoe department!
- Get your hair and make up PROFESSIONALLY done!
- This is a very special night for you and your husband! This night for the Marine Corps Ball comes once a year and you’re not always guaranteed to be able to go every year!
- It’s ok to splurge a little to get your hair and make up professionally done! You want to look your ABSOLUTE BEST standing proudly on your husbands arm throughout the night!
- If you can’t find a professional make up artist, going down to Sephora, Macy’s or Ulta is always an option too to have them do your make over!
- Also make sure if you have your hair colored or high lighted, that it’s updated and no roots are showing! Can’t hurt to get a trim either to get rid of those split ends!
- Pack some EXTRA essentials into your purse!
- Lint roller, small scissors, nail clipper, touch up make up, stain remover wipes or spray, perfume, extra bobby pins, tampons, mints, extra cash, and hand sanitizer!
- Stay CLASSY, be RESPECTFUL, and HAVE FUN!
- Remember you are a reflection on your husband! You want to be on your best behavior!
- So be classy and respectful when you talk to other Marines or Higher Ups that you’re husband introduces you to. The Marine Corps Ball is an important event for your husband!
- Don’t get white girl wasted at the ball or be obnoxious! Yes, have a good time, but know your limit! You don’t want to be that girl that pukes in front of everyone, stumbles your way around, or gets up on the table to dance! This isn’t the event for that!
- Make sure you have FUN together with your husband! Link your arm in his when he escorts you around, always smile, be proud and supportive of your husband, and make sure you steal him away to dance together! It’s not everyday that you have the chance to slow dance together and be in each others arms with the rest of the world fading away around you when it’s just you two!
Do a Marine Corps Ball Portrait Session!!!
There’s NO BETTER time for photos than when you and your husband are all dressed up for the Ball!
I’m offering a limited number of Ball Portrait Mini Sessions to couples on Camp Pendleton!
View the FULL details for the Ball Portrait Mini Sessions here!
- We all know how stuffy and stiff the traditional studio photos at the ball are, so if you’re wanting something that’s EXTRA SPECIAL to remember your perfect night and showcases your love and support for your husband, CONTACT ME! I’d love to chat with you to see if your date is available and to capture some BEAUTIFUL memories for you!
Get instant access to the KIP Resource Library!
You'll get access to ALL of these amazing freebies to help you make your wedding day perfect!
>> Printable wedding planning timelines so that you can stay on track while planning your wedding.
>> My own personal KIP wedding day shot list so that you don't have to worry about missing a photo on your wedding day.
>> A workbook filled with questions that you need to ask wedding photographers at the consultation so you can see if they're the right fit for you.
>> Sample wedding day timelines, that are wedding planner approved, so that you can plan for the best photos on your wedding day!
>> A guide to learn how to plan a destination elopement so that you don't have to worry about missing a step or knowing where to start!
And so so so much more! New content is always being added just for YOU!