I met Chuck and Kanani at the 2012 Diamonds on Ice Bridal Extravaganza in Marshall, MN at the Centers at SMSU. They were looking for a wedding photographer for their June 29th and 30th wedding that year! I’m so glad we met that day because they’ve been so much fun to work with! I photographed their engagement session in May and before we knew it their wedding days were upon us!
Chuck and Kanani planned on doing two different days for their wedding. June 29th was their ceremony at a BEAUTIFUL rustic location overlooking Bloody Lake on the bluff (near Lake Shetek and Lake Sarah). The ceremony took place JUST before sunset, so when everything was done and everyone was celebrating they took a moment away to watch the sunset together! Leading up to the wedding I got the chance to hear about their love story and all the romance in it! Kanani is one lucky lady to have found such a charmer like Chuck! While they were dating they would come up to the bluff often to watch the sunset together. They planned all of the wedding details together, even down to hand making Kanani’s hair piece and jewelry!
June 30th they held their reception at Junipers Bar and Grill in Slayton MN. They had a gorgeous outdoors wedding reception with snacks, cake, and LOTS of dancing!
Get instant access to the KIP Resource Library!
You'll get access to ALL of these amazing freebies to help you make your wedding day perfect!
- Printable wedding planning timelines to help you stay on track while planning your wedding.
- My own personal KIP wedding day shot list.
- Tips on how to plan for your engagement session for the best photos!
- Questions that you need to ask wedding photographers to see if they're the right fit for you.
- Sample wedding day timelines for the best photos on your wedding day!
- How to plan a destination elopement!
- And so so so much more! New content is always being added just for YOU!