Hey there again to all of the lovely engaged couples planning their wedding!!!
“Figure out your guest list before you book your venue.” Tip Tuesday by Kayla Illies Photography. Southern California and destination wedding, elopement, and engagement photographer.
It’s pretty standard that one of the first wedding vendors you book after your fiancé asks you to marry them is to book the wedding venue first, then your wedding photographer, then your wedding planner, DJ, and so on. Before you book your wedding venue, make sure you sit down with your future husband or future wife and put together a list of all of the people you want to invite to your wedding. Your family, friends, friends of the family, coworkers, etc. Go through the list and decide if you want to invite ALL of them or if you need to narrow it down further. Once you have the guest list figured out, THEN you can start looking around for indoor or outdoor wedding venues that fit the number of guests you’re expecting AND fit your wedding style.
You definitely don’t want to book a venue that isn’t able to accommodate all of your guests and you definitely don’t want to book a venue that is way too big and has too much empty or unused space.
Do you have your guest list figured out already and need help finding a wedding venue or other wedding vendors? Check out our “Preferred Vendors List” for Southern California and let them know I sent you their way!!!
Interested in meeting with me for a free wedding consultation to chat about your wedding photography vision for your wedding day?! Contact me HERE or email me at firstname.lastname@example.org!!!
I’d LOVE to set up a wine or coffee date to meet you and chat!!!
Get instant access to the KIP Resource Library!
You'll get access to ALL of these amazing freebies to help you make your wedding day perfect!
- Printable wedding planning timelines to help you stay on track while planning your wedding.
- My own personal KIP wedding day shot list.
- Tips on how to plan for your engagement session for the best photos!
- Questions that you need to ask wedding photographers to see if they're the right fit for you.
- Sample wedding day timelines for the best photos on your wedding day!
- How to plan a destination elopement!
- And so so so much more! New content is always being added just for YOU!