Ryan and Sam | Balboa park engagement session
Last October I met Ryan and Sam at the Junipero Serra Museum Bridal Show!
They’re such a fun couple and I absolutely LOVE hanging out with them. Every time we get together we catch up on each others lives and chat like we’ve been friends for years!!!! Ryan and Sam also introduced me to my very FIRST vegan food!!!
Ryan and Sams Balboa Park Engagement Session
Earlier in June we met up at Balboa Park in San Diego, CA for their Balboa Park Engagement Session! Ryan and Sam chose Balboa Park due to their love of the Spanish architecture there and they wanted to go for a more vintage feel! Sam bought this STUNNING blue polka dotted vintage dress specifically for the Balboa Park Engagement Session and Ryan wore a very dapper suit!
Throughout their entire session they snuggled, joked around, made silly faces at each other, danced, and laughed together! The looks of pure joy and love on their faces just makes my heart absolutely melt!
Half way through their Balboa Park Engagement Session, Ryan and Sam read their Love Letters to each other! Being able to be there to hear their words of love for one another just makes me SO happy and the real RAW authentic emotions that it evokes is so beautiful!
I seriously can’t WAIT for their beautiful San Diego wedding next June at the Junipero Serra Museum!!! It’s going to be so much fun and so beautiful!!!
A Little Bit About Ryan and Sam
Ryan and Sam met at work in August of 2014. They’re both teachers and were working together at the Arroyo Pacific Academy when Ryan approached Sam by saying “Well, hello there! And who are you?” Sam replied with, “Hi, I’m Sam. I’m the new English language development teacher.”
One month later Ryan and Sam went on their first hike (aka date) together. After that “date” they’ve been together ever since!
Ryan and Sam went on a week long trip to Belize in July of 2016 and Ryan knew that he wanted to propose to Sam during their trip there! Ryan called the tour guide ahead of time to discuss some ideas with him on how he was thinking of doing the proposal and Ryan decided he wanted to do a short hike to a beautiful waterfall!!!
As they were hiking to the waterfall on the day of the proposal, the tour guide kept a very fun and charismatic attitude that kept making Sam laugh the entire hike! As they neared the waterfall, Ryan asked the tour guide what a good place would be for a photo. As the photo was being taken, Ryan dropped down to one knee and proposed to Sam!!! They both couldn’t have been more excited!!!
Some of their favorite things to do together:
- Cook together while drinking wine!
- Volunteering with the Worthy of Love organization and hosting birthday parties for homeless children.
- Going to museums, gardens, and historical lectures. Especially at the Huntington Library!
- Binge watching shows on Netflix and Hulu.
- Saturday adventures when they find random spots to explore or hike throughout Southern California.
- Biking along the LA River.
- Ryan rubbing Sams feet while watching TV at the end of the workday.
- Spending lazy mornings drinking whiskey in their coffee while cleaning, reading, or other household chores.
- Traveling together!
- Trying out new vegan restaurants!
Below is the beautiful photos from their Balboa Park Engagement Session!!! If you’re engaged and looking for an engagement and wedding photographer or you’d love a beautiful Engagement or Anniversary session out at Balboa Park, LETS CONNECT!!!
Get instant access to the KIP Resource Library!
You'll get access to ALL of these amazing freebies to help you make your wedding day perfect!
- Printable wedding planning timelines to help you stay on track while planning your wedding.
- My own personal KIP wedding day shot list.
- Tips on how to plan for your engagement session for the best photos!
- Questions that you need to ask wedding photographers to see if they're the right fit for you.
- Sample wedding day timelines for the best photos on your wedding day!
- How to plan a destination elopement!
- And so so so much more! New content is always being added just for YOU!