Nick and Brianna | San Juan Capistrano Wedding
Brianna’s best friend, Chari, was the one to introduce them. Chari seen Nick at an event she was attending and thought he was kind of cute. She texted Brianna immediately and started to take (not so sneaky) photos of Nick to send to her! After asking Nick a million questions she finally got his phone number to give to Brianna! And so their story began. Nick is a Marine here in Southern California and he was out training quite a bit. So the communication wasn’t always consistent. They kept talking none the less. After two years of dating they started talking about marriage and where they wanted to get married!
Nick and Brianna had a small beach elopement earlier in March with just their immediate family attending. Then this fall they held their full wedding for the rest of their family and friends to attend. While out exploring the different beaches near Orange County, they found the perfect beach in Laguna Beach for their beautiful beach elopement. Overlooking the beach at sunset where they would be holding the elopement at, Nick got down on one knee and proposed!
Nick and Brianna’s Favorite Things To Do Together:
- Going to the gym.
- Attending sporting events. (Go Padres!)
- Staying home and relaxing.
- Finding new breakfast restaurants or cafe’s.
- Spending time with family and friends.
- Laughing and just enjoying life together!
Brianna’s inspiration for her dream wedding was bright colors and sunflowers! Sunflower bouquets, yellow rose boutonnieres, sunflower centerpieces for the reception, and the ceremony arch was filled with sunflowers!!!! Swoon worthy for sure! Since they live in San Juan Capistrano, they chose to hold their wedding ceremony and reception at the San Juan Hills Golf Club! It was a beautiful sunny day with a gorgeous view overlooking the golf course.
I’m so thankful they chose me as their wedding photographer and to have been able to be a part of both their small intimate beach elopement in Laguna Beach AND they beautiful outdoor wedding in San Juan Capistrano! They truly are an amazing couple together and I’m so happy to have been able to capture their love for one another!
Wedding Details & San Juan Capistrano Wedding Vendors:
Wedding Colors: Navy Blue and Yellow | Wedding Flowers: Sunflowers and Yellow Roses | Wedding Favor: Custom Shot Glasses | Wedding Location: San Juan Capistrano | Wedding Photographer: Kayla Illies Photography (me!) | Bridal Boutique: Prevue Bridal | Tux Rental: Friar Tux | Hair Stylist and Make Up Artist: Advance Beauty College | Wedding Cake: It’s All About the Cake | Wedding Venue: San Juan Hills Golf Course
Get instant access to the KIP Resource Library!
You'll get access to ALL of these amazing freebies to help you make your wedding day perfect!
- Printable wedding planning timelines to help you stay on track while planning your wedding.
- My own personal KIP wedding day shot list.
- Tips on how to plan for your engagement session for the best photos!
- Questions that you need to ask wedding photographers to see if they're the right fit for you.
- Sample wedding day timelines for the best photos on your wedding day!
- How to plan a destination elopement!
- And so so so much more! New content is always being added just for YOU!