Should we hire a wedding videographer too?
The question that a lot of brides ask is “Should we hire a wedding videographer too in addition to hiring you as our wedding photographer?”
My answer would be ABSOLUTELY!
Though I may not be a wedding videographer myself or offer wedding videography as an add on, the importance of the moments that they will capture is WELL worth the extra investment!
Check out my list of Recommended Wedding Videographers HERE for Southern California!
My Reason Behind WHY I Think You Should Hire A Wedding Videographer
One of the main reasons why I think you should hire a wedding videographer in addition to your wedding photographer is because I, myself, made the mistake for my own wedding of not hiring a videographer for our wedding day!
This is one of the NUMBER ONE things that I regret not doing for my wedding day!
Back when we were planning our wedding we had a SUPER tight budget to stick to so we opted to save the money and have our Aunt and Uncle do the wedding video’s for us. But they weren’t able to capture our vows clearly, the moments before + in between the ceremony and reception, or the song that my husband wrote + played for me on our wedding day.
Don’t get me wrong, I’m VERY thankful for the video that we DO have, but I REALLY really wish we had invested the extra money into hiring a professional videographer! The memories that were missed throughout the day we will never get back or have a chance to redo them.
Money shouldn’t be the deciding factor when it comes to documenting the memories from your wedding day. It really shouldn’t.
You want to be able to have these beautiful memories so you can look back on them to remember EVERY SINGLE moment and every detail of it for the rest of your lives.
There’s other areas that you can cut in your budget that don’t last past the wedding day.
Your memories are FOREVER.
Your wedding day only happens ONCE. So you need to make your memories your top priority (after your fiancé of course!)!
Tips From Alexander Mo For Finding The Right Wedding Videographer For You
So I asked Alex for his top tips to help you find the right wedding videographer for you, what to look for, what to watch out for, the average investment you should expect when hiring a videographer, and what they normally include in their packages.
What To Look For In Your Wedding Videographer
- When you’re watching sample videos, picture yourself in them and see if they have a style that speaks to you, a style that is engaging, fun, dramatic, and memorable from the beginning to the very end.
- When you meet with your videographer, make sure he/she is someone you get along with very well, and that everything they say makes sense, and you are able to voice any questions or concerns about your wedding day.
- They should also work well with other vendors, especially other photographers so everyone gets the shots they want.
What To Watch Out For
- If a videographer seems stuck in his/her own ways, that might be a red flag since things can happen on your wedding day where the schedule changes or someone else is late. The videographer should be flexible with that within reason.
What Is The Average Investment For A Videographer?
The average investment for wedding videographers is anywhere from $3000 to $10000, depending on what you’re looking to have included in your package.
There are options for hourly coverage, a number of filmmakers on hand (2 to 4 filmmakers, depending on how large your wedding is), and types of final product you wish to have.
Most videographers offer:
- A short minute-long teaser trailer which is good for people following your Facebook or Instagram for your wedding.
- A several minute long highlight film with music that may include speeches, documentary style cut (anywhere from 20 mins to an hour long) to include more of your ceremony and reception speeches.
- Some videographers also offer separate clips of just your ceremony only, or just your reception toasts & speeches.
“Hiring a videographer is so important because otherwise you can never relive your day with all the sights and sounds. It’s the little moments, the tender looks, the soft touches, and the spontaneous laughs that live on forever.” – Alexander Mo
A Little Bit About Alexander Mo:
He started filming when he was four years old. His brother and him would “borrow” their parent’s home video camera and just start recording everything! They would use Adobe Premiere (when it was brand new) to make movies out of what they filmed!
Fast forward to twenty some odd years later and he stared shooting weddings where he realized just how much he loved them!
Every wedding is different. Every couple is unique. There is no other time and place in the world where two souls unite with both of their families traveling from all over the globe to celebrate in one joyous occasion!
At weddings, he admits that he gets teary-eyed and feels tender hearted when he listens to wedding vows every weekend, and by simply watching the chemistry and love that bride and groom have for each other throughout the night. (VERY much like myself!)
This is why he does what he does and it fires him up every weekend to be able to go out there and capture these moments to the best of his abilities to provide them with exactly what he sees and feels from his heart!
So be sure to go check him out!!! He’s an amazing and super fun person to work with on your wedding day!
Get instant access to the KIP Resource Library!
You'll get access to ALL of these amazing freebies to help you make your wedding day perfect!
- Printable wedding planning timelines to help you stay on track while planning your wedding.
- My own personal KIP wedding day shot list.
- Tips on how to plan for your engagement session for the best photos!
- Questions that you need to ask wedding photographers to see if they're the right fit for you.
- Sample wedding day timelines for the best photos on your wedding day!
- How to plan a destination elopement!
- And so so so much more! New content is always being added just for YOU!