The Camps | Joshua Tree Anniversary Session
Earlier this year in April I photographed John and Jessica’s very last military homecoming in Twentynine Palms, CA and last month we got back together again to celebrate their June 15th Anniversary early by doing their GORGEOUS Anniversary Session together out at Joshua Tree National Park!
Prior to their Anniversary Session I hadn’t yet had the chance to visit the park and all I can say is that it’s simply STUNNING at sunset! The golden light covering the desert filled with Joshua Tree’s and large boulders had me giddy with excitement!
Joshua Tree is a GORGEOUS location for elopements and engagement or anniversary sessions and I can’t wait to photograph more here in the future!
A little bit about John and Jessica…
John and Jessica met each other through a mutual friend 8 years ago and they have been married now for 4 years!!! They’re both from the small town of Tyler, Texas where they met and where they got married at one of their family members homes overlooking Lake Tyler!!
- They love to play video games together!
- They’re obsessed with sweet tea and drink it daily!
- They love going to the pool and watching the ocean!
- They’re movie nerds (like my husband and I)!
- They’re dog parents and absolutely LOVE spoiling their two dogs!
One of their funniest memories was while they were in Las Vegas with her family they decided they wanted to play bingo! John and Jessica went to find a table but didn’t know they couldn’t join while the current game was in progress. As the bingo attendant was talking to them, Jessica’s dads phone started ringing with a Western whistling tune. John got up and started dancing like a total country guy while the bingo game was going on and caused everyone to start laughing so hysterically that tears were running down their faces and they couldn’t breath!
They’re total goofballs together which I absolutely love!!! Finding someone that you can have fun with for the rest of your life is one of the most amazing things!!!
One of the things I love the most about John and Jessica is their love of having yearly Anniversary Sessions done together and hanging them all over their home! Not to mention that they’re absolutely STUNNING together!!! They’re a couple after my heart!!!
Not only that but I’m pretty sure Jessica and I could be twins in all of the things we love! We both love the color pink, obsessively! We’re total dog lovers and are both dog moms! We’re both movie nerds!!! We LOVE beautiful photos at beautiful locations! We both love shopping for new outfits and home decor (often the same stores too!)!!! Among many other things!
Jessica found her adorable Anniversary Session outfit at the Davis Country Store in Texas, you can visit them on Instagram to check them out!
If you’d love to have your elopement or engagement/anniversary session here too then let’s connect!!!!
Get instant access to the KIP Resource Library!
You'll get access to ALL of these amazing freebies to help you make your wedding day perfect!
- Printable wedding planning timelines to help you stay on track while planning your wedding.
- My own personal KIP wedding day shot list.
- Tips on how to plan for your engagement session for the best photos!
- Questions that you need to ask wedding photographers to see if they're the right fit for you.
- Sample wedding day timelines for the best photos on your wedding day!
- How to plan a destination elopement!
- And so so so much more! New content is always being added just for YOU!