The Thompsons | Grand Tradition Garden & Estates Wedding
Earlier this month, one of my awesome wedding photographer friends Dustin from Dustin Thompson Photography, got married to his beautiful bride, Vy, at the Grand Tradition Garden & Estates in Fallbrook, CA!!!!
I had the chance to second shoot alongside Alex Hurtado Photography, who was awesome to work together with!!!
I met Dustin last year at one of the Temecula Wedding Vendor networking event meetings that I attend regularly! Since then we’ve became good friends, have started to team up for weddings to second shoot for each other, and are there to help each other out if either of us need some new ideas or we’re stuck on something!
I finally had the chance to meet his gorgeous wife, Vy, last year at the networking Christmas party and she’s a pretty amazing little lady!!! She’s full of just as much spunk as Dustin is and they’re such a PERFECT match for each other.
I’m really thankful that I had the chance to be there for Dustin and Vy on their beautiful wedding day at the Grand Tradition Garden & Estates and I’m looking forward to continuing to work together with Dustin for photographing weddings together!!!
A Little Bit About Dustin and Vy!
One of Dustin and Vy’s favorite things to do is to travel and to try new things! Just like I do!!!
Their very first date they went geocaching and Vy showed up to the date wearing these gorgeous high heels, not knowing that Dustin wanted to take her geocaching! Vy being the spunky girl that she is, hiked through the sandy desert in those high heels and went geocaching together with Dustin! Dustin knew then and there that she was the girl for him!
Since then they’ve traveled together to many different places around the world and have done some pretty epic things!
Dustin proposed to Vy on the beach and being the wedding photographer that he is, he came up with a really creative way to incorporate his love for photography into the proposal!
They went out to the beach that day where Dustin was going to photograph Vy since Vy modeled for him frequently! During the shoot when she turned around, he was down on one knee with the engagement ring placed inside of one of his old camera lenses filled with sand and asked her to marry him!
How epic is that!!!!! I absolutely love how creative Dustin got with it!!
Their Wedding Day at the Grand Tradition Garden & Estates!
Dustin and Vy aren’t a very traditional couple and they LOVE to have fun in whatever their doing! Their wedding day included!
Throughout their wedding day they each spent a majority of the time having fun with their family and friends, making jokes, doing silly things + funny poses, dancing the night away, and just really enjoying their wedding day! I don’t think I’ve EVER laughed so much at a wedding prior to this. My stomach ACHED from all of the laughter! And the jokes I learned and the stories I heard from the guests, well, we won’t even go there! Hahaha!
Some of My Favorite Parts of their Wedding Day
- The jokes and the stories I heard from everyone there!
- The hilarious poses they did!
- When Dustin’s dad dressed up as a Minion and pranked Dustin during the first look!
- During the ceremony when Dustin pretended to have lost Vy’s ring, he “called Amazon”, and had it delivered with a small drone while playing the “Star Wars” theme song!
- When Dustin and Vy placed rock, paper, scissors to see who would read their vows first! Dustin lost!
- Their beautifully choreographed first dance! It was EPIC and they learned + put it together themselves!
- How they incorporated their love of traveling into their entire wedding day!
- When Vy smashed cake into Dustin’s face when they did the cake cutting.
- Then eating the cake of course!!!
- Photographing the sparkler exit!!! It’s SO SO SO magical!!!
Be sure to keep scrolling to see the super fun wedding photos below from their gorgeous wedding day at the Grand Tradition Garden & Estates!
Get instant access to the KIP Resource Library!
You'll get access to ALL of these amazing freebies to help you make your wedding day perfect!
- Printable wedding planning timelines to help you stay on track while planning your wedding.
- My own personal KIP wedding day shot list.
- Tips on how to plan for your engagement session for the best photos!
- Questions that you need to ask wedding photographers to see if they're the right fit for you.
- Sample wedding day timelines for the best photos on your wedding day!
- How to plan a destination elopement!
- And so so so much more! New content is always being added just for YOU!