“Have patience while you plan your wedding.” Wedding Tip Tuesday by Kayla Illies Photography. A Southern California based wedding and engagement photographer!!!
You’re now engaged!!! Congrats!!! You’re excited to start planning the wedding of your dreams and you’re being bombarded with the URGES to book everything ASAP!!! I get it, I’ve been there! What I want you to do right now is to take a moment to sit back, close your eyes, and take a deep breath!!! Breathe!!! Have patience!!! When you start to plan your dream wedding there’s one thing you do NOT want to do, and that is to make any quick decisions or to rush the planning just to say you’re done with that task!
Remember, there’s no rush! Enjoy the time planning your wedding and relax. Making quick decisions and rushing almost always ends badly. You’ll be more stressed, it won’t be as fun as it should be, and you want to enjoy this experience with your fiancé, friends, and family! These moments happen ONCE. Have fun with it!
- When you’re choosing your wedding date, choose a date that allows you to save for the wedding of your dreams and also be sure to choose a date that means something to you two!
- When you’re looking to book vendors, sit down and spend some quality time with them. GET TO KNOW THEM before you sign a contract with them. You want to make sure they’re a good fit and that you’re personalities go well together.
- When you’re planning your wedding decor and your wedding details, take your time to hand pick the decor and details so they mean something to you and that they are exactly what you envisioned for your wedding day. Trust me, I made a rush decision on choosing my wedding dress and looking back now after seeing ALL of the beautiful wedding dresses that are available, makes me regret not taking my time choosing the perfect one.
- When you choose a wedding venue, have patience in finding the perfect venue instead of booking the first venue you find. Yes the venue’s need to be booked quickly due to the dates filling up, but you want to make sure you LOVE the venue.
- When you book a wedding caterer, take time to sample several different caterer’s foods to know what you like, what you don’t like, and what food you would love to have served at your wedding reception. Same applies to the wedding cake!
- When you’re choosing a wedding photographer be sure to figure out what style of photography you love, find a handful of photographers with that wedding style, and MEET THEM. Make sure you LOVE their work. Wedding photography is one of the MOST important wedding vendors to book because these photos from your wedding day will be the only thing you have left to look back on to remember the entire day by! So don’t make a snap decision or book them because they’re cheap. Take your time! Choose a photographer who does work that you can’t live without!
- When you book a DJ or a live band, listen to their music, get a feel for their style, and find someone who will keep your guests entertained all night to keep them dancing and having fun! I made the mistake of making a quick decision on this wedding vendor too, we hired a family friend because he was cheap. I regret it daily! Our first dance was cut short and he played only oldies until he realized that the majority of the guests were leaving and only had an hour left of the dance.
- When you’re hiring a Photo Booth company, take the time to see their work, see their set up, understand how they operate, and if they are going to give your guests an amazing experience or not. You’re guests will want to have an amazing EXPERIENCE!!! You want to provide them with an UNFORGETTABLE day!!!
Here’s to add a little laughter into your day!!! This photo always cracks me up and makes me remember the importance of HAVING FUN!!!
Searching for wedding vendors?! Check out our “SoCal Preferred Vendors” list HERE!
Did you love this post?! Leave me a comment in the comment section below letting me know WHAT you loved about it and how it helped you!
Know someone else who could benefit from this post?! Use the sharing tool below to share it with them!!!
Get instant access to the KIP Resource Library!
You'll get access to ALL of these amazing freebies to help you make your wedding day perfect!
- Printable wedding planning timelines to help you stay on track while planning your wedding.
- My own personal KIP wedding day shot list.
- Tips on how to plan for your engagement session for the best photos!
- Questions that you need to ask wedding photographers to see if they're the right fit for you.
- Sample wedding day timelines for the best photos on your wedding day!
- How to plan a destination elopement!
- And so so so much more! New content is always being added just for YOU!