What I Learned in my 20s and my Goals Before I Turn 29!
Today is my birthday and I am officially 28 years old! Crazy how time has flown since I graduated from high school way back in 2007! (<— makes me feel REALLY old! Hahaha!) In my opinion time needs to slow down just a tiny bit, but we all know that won’t happen! But then again, they always say “Time flies when you’re having fun!”.
In the last 10 years since I officially became an “adult” I have been through so many different things. But I’ve also learned A LOT too and have had some incredible experiences along the way! Don’t get me wrong, I’ve had my fair share of struggles too. Life comes with both hand in hand!
So today I wanted to write about what I learned in my 20s and about some of my goals that I’m working to achieve before I turn 29 next year!
What I learned in my 20s!
- Let people in and let them know your heart! Don’t hide or try to be someone you’re not. YOU are enough just the way you are.
- Cherish your time with those you love and spend as much time with them as you can. We’re not always guaranteed tomorrow. So live each day as if it were your last.
- It’s ok to not always have it together or have it all figured out. Life is messy! Just do the best you can and never give up!
- Always look at the positive in every situation, no matter how hard the situation is.
- Don’t get so caught up in work or your career that you forget to live your life! What’s the point in working so hard if you can’t take time to actually enjoy your life and live it!
- Don’t let fear or obstacles hold you back from achieving your dreams! Chase them and stop at nothing until you achieve them!
- Surround yourself with those who support you in everything that you do and support them back! Having a support system is a key to life!
- Help build other people up instead of tearing them down. #communityovercompetition #risingtidesociety
- Life is full of curveballs and challenges that you’ll have to overcome. Learn to take them as they come, to roll with the punches, overcome them, and to make the best of any given situation.
- Understand that you can’t do it all on your own and know that it’s ok to ask for help.
- Never stop learning!
- Don’t pay attention to what other people think about you and don’t compare yourself to them. We’re each at a different point in our lives and facing our own struggles.
- Do what you love in life and let go of what you don’t love.
- Your memories are important and you should fill your home with them! Don’t be afraid to get in front of the camera, even if it’s awkward or you don’t feel pretty enough! Get photographed anyways! Let’s connect!
- Try new things! You don’t know if you’ll like it or not until you try!
I could share so much more about what I learned in my 20s but these are the most important!!! We’ll save the rest for another time!
My Goals Before I Turn 29!
- Book 10-15 weddings for 2018 and give those couples the best experience I can possibly give them! Let’s connect!
- Enjoy as many authentic taco’s as possible!
- Take a trip with my husband up to Yosemite National Park and have our yearly Anniversary session done there!
- Read 8 business books!
- Go horseback riding as often as I can!
- Continue to work on overcoming being an introvert.
- Find my wedding vendor tribe and connect with them!
- Take weekends off with my husband unless I have a wedding!
- Spoil my nieces and nephews and be the best Auntie I can be!
- Share my heart with those I connect with!
- Support and inspire others in their dreams and help lift them up!
- Continue supporting the HiCaliber Horse Rescue in Valley Center, CA by donating 10% of all business income!
- Support more small businesses by purchasing from them instead of the big chain stores!
- Photograph engagements, anniversaries, or elopements at Yosemite National Park! Let’s connect!
- Attend WPPI 2018!
- Travel back home to Minnesota to spend Thanksgiving or Christmas with our families and friends!
- Continue writing valuable blog posts for newly engaged couples to help them plan their wedding and provide valuable tools to help them to do that!
- Learn how to do watercolor painting and fill a wall in my home with my paintings!
- Try new foods, beers, and hobbies!
- Go hiking around Southern California.
- Explore more of the areas around me and travel more!
- Kick deployments a$$, send my husband a kick butt care package once a month, and send him as many letters as I can!!!!
- Continue building a more beautiful and stronger relationship with my husband!
- Stay in touch with friends and family more often!
- Visit the beach more often to go seashell hunting and to watch the sunset!
- Start sending out “just because” cards or gifts to family, friends, and those I network with to show them I care and to support them!
- Take our two pups out on a walk more often or take them hiking or to the beach with me!
- Photograph a proposal!!! Let’s connect!
- Work towards saving up for our Ireland trip in 2020!!!
Thanks for reading about what I learned in my 20s and for supporting me in my goals! I’m very thankful that you are here!!!
If you’ve learned some life lessons that you’d love to share, please comment below! I’d love to read them and learn from them too!!!
Get instant access to the KIP Resource Library!
You'll get access to ALL of these amazing freebies to help you make your wedding day perfect!
- Printable wedding planning timelines to help you stay on track while planning your wedding.
- My own personal KIP wedding day shot list.
- Tips on how to plan for your engagement session for the best photos!
- Questions that you need to ask wedding photographers to see if they're the right fit for you.
- Sample wedding day timelines for the best photos on your wedding day!
- How to plan a destination elopement!
- And so so so much more! New content is always being added just for YOU!